STARR at Lions Gate
STARR – the Short-Term Advanced Rehabilitation & Recovery program at Lions Gate – is delivered within our 5-Star CMS-rated Health Center, designated as One of the Best Nursing Homes in the Country by the U.S. News & World Report. STARR promotes the highest possible level of functioning through results-focused physical, occupational and speech therapies along with a variety of other treatments associated with illness, injury and other medical complexities.
Working closely with your own physician, our multidisciplinary care team will include therapists, physicians and a nursing staff who all work together in developing and executing an individualized plan of care.
STARR provides a wellness-focused experience for patients in need of short-term care as well as orthopedic, cardiac, respiratory and neurological rehabilitation. Our individualized services are provided on an inpatient and outpatient basis and are designed to ensure patients enjoy vitality and energy when they return home.
How Does STARR Help Patients Shine?
• Expert physical, occupational and speech therapies
• Optimized outcomes for orthopedic, cardiac, stroke, amputation and neurological patients
• Hands-on therapy provided by professional therapists with vast, diversified experience
• Services for a smooth transition home, including home evaluations, training for patients and family members and community resource education
Why Does STARR Shine So Brightly?
• Individualized plans of care with physician oversight
• High patient satisfaction
• Low hospital readmission rates
• Shorter length of stay
• CMS-Rated 5-Star Community
• Increased mobility upon discharge
• Evidence-based functional outcomes
The STARR Treatment:
• Private rooms
• Delicious kosher dining
• On-site, state-of-the-art fitness gym
• Aquatic therapy
• Social and recreational opportunities
• Cable TV and Wi-Fi
Direct Admissions Welcome
Even though Lions Gate is a Continuing Care Retirement Community, anyone can be admitted to our Health Center with no buy-in required.